Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Capital Grille

For my birthday, my girlfriend surprised me with a dinner at The Capital Grille.
I have never heard of the restaurant so i was curious on what they had to offer. it is located on a corner of South Coast Plaza mall. At first i thought it would be cheap and tacky since it was located at the mall but i was wrong. We both walked in and were asked to go upstairs. There is an elevator if you are unable to use the stairs. The restaurant was not super busy but it is required to have a reservation to be seated. As we walked to our table i notice how everyone was dressed in a formal matter except for me. So remember to dress accordingly! We got seated and i notice they had a birthday card and very subtle decorations on the table. I thought i was very nice of them to do so for my birthday. The decor of the overall restaurant is very classy, and i felt like i was eating at a fine dining restaurant. Our waiter Brian, was awesome and showed us recommendation he had. We then got the menu and a plate of a variety of breads. As i looked at the menu, i can tell that this place is PRICEY. They are known for their steaks which vary from 40-60$. I then ordered the Delmonico steak which is a 22 oz. and my girlfriend ordered the wagyu filet witch was 50$ each plate. We also ordered the Lobster Mac n cheese, which was a 17$ appetizer. As we got our appetizer, it came on a decently size hot plate. The serving was perfectly enough for 2 people. The Lobster did not taste fresh but was very tasty. I really do recommend getting this as an appetizer. We then got our main course dishes and my steak was huge and my girlfriend’s plate was tiny (7 oz.). We both ordered our steaks medium rare, and it came out rarer as intended. Typically i order my steaks rare so it was perfect. My girlfriend's plate was to red for her so we had to ask to recook it. The steaks only come with the steaks itself. i thought for the price of the steaks, would include a side but it does not. My steak was very juicy and the rub and season of the steak was very unique. The Wagyu plate was very tender and cuts like butter. I actually prefer the Wagyu more, although it cost 50$ for a small steak. My steak was too much for one guy to eat so I had to take it home. They generously took my plate to the back to package my food Togo themselves. Before the waiter gave our check he surprises us with a birthday desert. It consisted of cheesecake, and a brownie with a candle. The Bill came out to be $150 after tax and tip. All in all, the restaurant wasn't too bad. The service was great, but for the money, I wouldn't recommend this place. I guess if you can afford it, then by all means give it a try.

YELP



Delmonico Steak 

Lobster Mac n Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment