Sunday, October 27, 2013

Breakfast Club

Many people forget that breakfast is the most important meal of day! I feel that when people think of the breakfast, they think of Denny’s. Well on a warm Sunday morning, a friend and I wanted to get breakfast, but we didn't want to do a normal Denny's type of restaurant but at the same time i did not want to break the bank. my friend recommended Omelette House in garden grove. I took a quick peak at it on yelp and it had pretty good reviews. It was around 11:00 which was barley morning but still perfect for breakfast food. We eventually find the place, which was a little hard to find thanks to the Saters bros' kind of blocking it. The parking is limited but there is additional packing on the side. The moment i got seated, the restaurant's theme caught my eye. The environment has an





 old breakfast inn feel which is a good change is coming from a Denny's breakfast eater. The atmosphere here is great because you see many families come to get breakfast which makes you feel you're at home when eating here. The friend and i both ordered orange juice and was presented with menus. The orange juice is like your typical OJ in the carton. The menu was interesting because it had no pictures, which made it hard for me to choose. Our server had no problem describing the menu items and he even told us some recommendations he had. I then decided to get one the more popular dishes which was the, "Hobo" omelette. It is an omelette stuffed with smoked bacon, sausage, ham, bell peppers, green onion, with cheddar cheese. With a purchase of an omelette you are given a side of home fries or hash browns, and your choice of toast. I went with the hash browns and white toast. My friend ordered the berry good French toast which sounded delicious as well. It took around 30 minutes to get our food which in my honest opinion on the slower side to get our dishes. The dishes looked great. My large plate had a decently sized omelette with hash browns and toast with a spread of butter on it. My friends dish had 6 half sliced pieces of French toast with a generous serving of mixed berries with whipped cream. The omelette tasted nice and fluffy and you can taste all of the goodies inside of the omelette. The toast and the hash browns were pretty normal and for $8.25, it felt like it was worth the cost. i had a taste of my friend's plate and it was really good. The toast was really moist and the perfect amount of sweetness. All of the berries felt ripe and in season and the whip cream tasted as if it was made in house. I would like to also add that the presentation of the plate was very pretty. i highly recommend getting the french toast! Overall my visit to omelette house was pretty satisfactory, but it won’t be my last. I really do think this a very good alternative to your typical Denny's restaurant. I feel that this restaurant has a lot to offer and is your perfect way to start your day. 

YELP

No comments:

Post a Comment