Sunday, September 29, 2013

Slice of Heaven


My friend and I decided to try something new to eat, so we looked up restaurants on yelp. It showed us this pizza place called Pieology, with a astonishing 4.5 stars with 1,000+ reviews that is not too far from my local college, so we decided to give it a try. 


How special can a pizza get? You have no idea unless you've tried Pieology. It is a hip new way in ordering and eating a pizza. Yeah, they don't deliver, but where else can you get a pizza made exactly how you want it. When i mean exactly I do mean exactly. Pieology is subway of the pizza world. All pies (pizzas) are a flat rate of $7.50. With that you can make it as saucy, meaty, or as cheesy as you desire. The pizzas are very generously made and right in front of your eyes so you can see what goes on your pizza unlike other pizza joints where everything is made behind the scenes. They pretty much offer every single topping you can think of to put on a pizza. First off, by starting with sauces! Which include normal marinara, herb butter, and olive oil. I decided to go with all 3! The next step in making my pizza was the choice of cheese. They offer mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan, or Gorgonzola. I probably never even heard of half of the cheeses so i decided on the normal mozzarella. Then you move on to the main toppings. This is where you can go crazy to your heart desire. I decided on adding chicken, bacon, mushrooms, sliced tomatoes, pineapples and jalapenos peppers. You can literally have it your way. 


Pizza Creation Stations

The lines can get lengthy especially around the time i came which was lunch hour but it is definitely worth it. At first, I would think the line with 10 people ahead of me would take forever. It just so happens they have a very well efficient team preparing and cooking the pizzas it went by very fast. Astonishingly it only took around 5-6 minutes to cook me and my friend's pizza and I must say it was very filling if not too filling. My pizza was loaded with topping that I handpicked and it was delightful. I recommend putting Herb Butter on your pizza. It totally makes your pizza that much BUTTER!




Overall I believe there is no other pizza place that can provide a service and product like Pieology. They can prepare the pizza to your desire and at a affordable price. Personally I would rate Pieology a 4/5. Why not a perfect score you might ask? Well pizza is there specialty but it definitely lacks variety. Ordinary pizza places offer bread sticks or sides perhaps. Furthermore it can get a bit busy where it is to a point where you must go on a scavenger hunt to find a seat. Don't get me wrong, it is a great environment, where you can bring a friend or a someone special, on a inexpensive date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment